It consists of six subjects: Music Performance, Composition, Musicianship (Aural & Theory),Ensemble Music Studies, Music Technology and Business Administration/Arts Management.In the final year student can major in Music Performance, Music Composition or Music Technology. This is called a capstone subject.
With music performance as the ‘creative lifeblood’ of our degree, you will receive:
- An intensive one-on-one, weekly principal instrument study lesson
- The opportunity to participate in masterclasses from national and international visiting artists
- A weekly Performance Seminar covering all aspects of performance and practice methods
- A weekly Performance Forum to refine your performing skills, develop your stagecraft and musical voice alongside your peers.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Up to 50% recognition of prior learning!
If you have already completed studies in music or other tertiary education, having these assessed for RPL could be of benefit. RPL ensures that you don’t need to repeat units of study that you have already completed elsewhere as part of an accredited program or in exceptional cases as part of your Professional Experience.
Up to 50% of Credit Points can be awarded as RPL. We give recognition to a wide range of studies including Graded Public Exams e.g. GuildExam, AMEB, ABRSM, Trinity College, vocational studies and other tertiary music studies.
- The minimum standard for entry is Grade 6/7 Practical and Grade 4/5 Theory.
- Have passed the IELTS or TOEFL for the score of 577 or more to ensure that their English Language Proficiency is sufficient to cope with the lectures.
- Have access to an internet connection that has the capacity to live-stream.
- Meet the entrance requirements of senior school completion and an audition.
3 YEARS COURSE @ AUD 18,000 + Local Instrumental Teaching ONLY!
The top student for each subject in the semester gets that subject for FREE in the next semester!
To graduate, all 300 Credit Points of the degree must be completed. Students may choose to fly to Melbourne,Australia and receive your Degree in full academic dress along with fellow graduates and Academic Staff at our Graduation Ceremony, in academic dress. You can also graduate in an Online Ceremony or in absentia.